Special Steel Profile Shapes
PRECISION KIDD STEEL produces hundreds of custom engineered special steel profile shapes for a wide variety of markets and applications. Our customers choose Precision Kidd cold drawn shapes because they save time and money and offer superior quality. We will be glad to do a free analysis of your part(s).
Click here to download a worksheet (PDF).
Why Cold Drawn Steel Special Profiles/Shapes from Precision Kidd are Better
- Dramatically reduces machining time/steel costs
- Significantly reduces material loss and improves yields
- Provides the lowest tooling costs for precision tolerances
- Improves manufacturing capabilities without adding machinery/tooling
- Enables automated production of difficult/complex parts
- Suits lean manufacturing techniques
- Reduces manpower and training costs
- Enables larger manufacturer to re-focus manpower/resources
- Enables smaller manufacturer to compete
Note: Special shapes/profiles can be made in both bar and wire products. Sizes include:
- Bar: From .028″ to 3″ thick and up to 5″ wide (maximum cross section 9 sq. in.)
- Wire: From .028″ to .750″ diameter
Substantial Savings are Possible
Cold drawn steel shapes/profiles could save you up to 75% or more on the cost of machining parts. You can eliminate machining steps and scrap loss. If you are machining “Premium Valued Material” (Tool Steel, High Speed, and Stainless Steels), the savings with special shapes/profiles can provide even more significant Yield Savings Dollars.
Click here to see a video of how this is done.
You may be able to make finished steel parts by just sawing sections of the cold drawn steel shape bar, then finish the part with little or no additional machining.
Click here to view a Cost Benefit Analysis of Yield Loss Dollars for the same part machined from a standard section bar vs PRECISION KIDD STEEL’s special shaped bar (PDF).
Click here to view our metric conversion tool.