Standard Drill Rod Steel Grades
PRECISION KIDD STEEL is the largest manufacturer of centerless ground steel and cold drawn steel Drill Rod in the U.S. We produce and stock over 500 standard sizes of Drill Rod in five grades of steel, with 3 foot and 12 foot lengths available.
We maintain a comprehensive finish stock and raw material inventory at all times to support our sales distribution channels. Stocked grades include: O-1, A-2, W-1, S-7, Tru-Cor (cold drawn flat and square drill rod).
Click here to download our Drill Rod Data Sheet (PDF)
Standard Cold Drawn Section in Tool Steels and High Speed Steels
(Round, Hexagon, Square and Flat)
Precision Kidd offers standard cold drawn drill rod sections in a wide range of Tool Steel and High Speed Steels: A-2, O-1, S-2, S-2 (Mod.), S-5, S-7, W-1.
Special Shapes/Profiles in Premium Valued Materials
Precision Kidd offers special drill rod shapes/profiles cold drawn from Tool Steels and High Speed Steels to exacting tolerances:
- Tool steels (A-2, O-1, S-2, S-2 Mod., S-5, S-7, W-1)
- Stainless steels (300 & 400 series)
- Nitronic steels
- Nickel alloys (inquire)
PRECISION KIDD STEEL’s Unique Capabilities Include:
- Supplier alliances with Tool Steel and High Speed Steel and Stainless Steel melt sources
- Extensive experience in cold drawing Alloy Steels, Tool Steel, High Speed Steels and Stainless Steels into complex shapes/profiles
Cold drawn steel special shapes/profiles/extrusions in Tool Steel, High Speed and Stainless Steels offer you the opportunity to significantly reduce the material costs of the yield loss that are incurred when you machine a special steel shape from a standard steel section.*
* Your material cost savings are directly proportional to the cost of the scrap you machine away, plus the added costs of tooling, manpower and equipment wear and tear.